1. World War I soldier wearing a facial prosthetic.
2. A patient at 3rd London General Hospital examines a plaster cast of his own face.This will be used to create a mask to cover his facial injuries from WWI, which can be clearly seen.
(From: Imperial War Museum collection (London))
3. Original caption for this photo: “Repairing wars ravages: renovating facial injuries”.This photograph was probably taken at 3rd London General Hospital, Wandsworth. (Imperial War Museum Collection (London))
4. An Egyptian prosthetic toe, c. 950-710BC. It was found on a female mummy in a tomb near Luxor.
5. Facial prostheses, 1919
6. Iron artificial arm, c.1560-1600. (Science museum London collection)